JPRS Held 14th ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony"
On 19 September 2023, JPRS held the ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
In public-key cryptography, a key ceremony is a procedure that a unique pair of private and public keys is generated.
.jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony is a procedure creating key- and zone-signing keys for signing the .jp zone.
It is vital to ensure the reliability and stability of DNSSEC that the procedure for generating and managing the key pairs is properly and securely executed. For this reason, JPRS invites the External Witnesses, who are not affiliated with JPRS, to the .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony.
In this .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, the External Witnesses as described below observed the key ceremony and attested that it was executed as described in the key ceremony procedures. After the ceremony, the witnesses signed the "Check Sheet for .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
- External Witness: Dr. Tomohiro Ishihara (WIDE Project)
- External Witness: Mr. Noriyuki Nishi (Humeia Corporation)
The key created in the key ceremony will be published in accordance with the following schedule.
* Publish the new DNSKEY resource record in the .jp zone
* Publish the new DS resource record in the root zone
* Remove the obsolete DS resource record from the root zone
25 November 2023
* Remove the obsolete DNSKEY resource record from the .jp zone
From left, Ms. Murai (JPRS), Mr. Watanabe (JPRS), Mr. Sakane (JPRS), Mr. Hosokawa (JPRS),
Dr. Ishihara (WIDE Project), Mr. Nishi (Humeia Corporation),
Mr. Abe (JPRS), Mr. Inoue (JPRS), Ms. Higashida (JPRS)