JPRS Held 13th ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony"
On 4 October 2022, JPRS held the ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
In public-key cryptography, a key ceremony is a procedure that a unique pair of private and public keys is generated.
.jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony is a procedure creating key- and zone-signing keys for signing the .jp zone.
It is vital to ensure the reliability and stability of DNSSEC that the procedure for generating and managing the key pairs is properly and securely executed. For this reason, JPRS invites the External Witnesses, who are not affiliated with JPRS, to the .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony. Continuing from last year, we have changed the format of this year's ceremony for attending the External Witnesses to online, caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
In this .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, the External Witnesses as described below observed the key ceremony and attested that it was executed as described in the key ceremony procedures. After the ceremony, the witnesses signed the "Check Sheet for .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
- External Witness: Mr. Mitsuru Shimamura (Internet Initiative Japan Inc.)
- External Witness: Mr. Yoshitaka Hirano (QUALITIA CO., LTD.)
The key created in the key ceremony will be published in accordance with the following schedule.
* Publish the new DNSKEY resource record in the .jp zone
* Publish the new DS resource record in the root zone
* Remove the obsolete DS resource record from the root zone
25 November 2022
* Remove the obsolete DNSKEY resource record from the .jp zone
From top left, Ms. Higashida (JPRS), Mr. Hosoya (JPRS),
Mr. Aharen (JPRS), Mr. Yoshino (JPRS), Mr. Funato (JPRS),
Mr. Watanabe (JPRS), Mr. Sonoki (JPRS),
From bottom left, Mr. Hirano (QUALITIA CO., LTD.), Mr. Shimamura (Internet Initiative Japan Inc.)