JPRS Held 9th ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony"
On 2 October 2018, JPRS held the ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
In public-key cryptography, a key ceremony is a procedure that a unique pair of private and public keys is generated. In JPRS, a key ceremony, or .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, is a procedure creating key- and zone-signing keys for signing the .jp zone.
It is vital to ensure the reliability and stability of DNSSEC that the procedure for generating and managing the key pairs is properly and securely executed. For this reason, JPRS invites the External Witnesses, who are not affiliated with JPRS, to the .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony.
In this .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, the External Witnesses as described below observed the key ceremony and attest that it has been executed as described in the key ceremony procedures. After the ceremony, the witnesses signed the "Check Sheet for .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
- External Witness: Mr. Takanori Yamaguchi (Internet Initiative Japan Inc.)
- External Witness: Mr. Makoto Osako (Rakuten Communications Corp.)
The key created in the key ceremony will be published in accordance with the following schedule.
* Publish the new DNSKEY resource record in the .jp zone
* Publish the new DS resource record in the root zone
* Remove the obsolete DS resource record from the root zone
25 November 2018
* Remove the obsolete DNSKEY resource record from the .jp zone
Mr. Yamaguchi (Internet Initiative Japan Inc.),
Mr. Osako (Rakuten Communications Corp.),
Mr. Tomiyama (JPRS), Ms. Harada (JPRS), Mr. Hirabayashi (JPRS)