JPRS Launched IDN Standards-Compatible Japanese JP Domain Name Registration Service on 11 July 2003
- Japanese JP Domain Name Is Accessible through Standards-Compatible Browsers Such as Netscape7.1 -
JPRS launched IDN standards (RFCs)-compatible Japanese JP Domain Name registration Service on July 10, 2003. This enables the use of Japanese JP Domain Name through the browsers such as Netscape® 7.1(*).
For the time being, JPRS supports resolution of Japanese JP Domain Name with both Punycode and RACE. With this support, Japanese JP Domain Names continue to be accessible through current RACE applications such as i-Nav™ plug-in(http://jprs.jp/i-Nav/).
JPRS plans to upgrade the i-Nav™ plug-in into the IDN standards-compatible version at the earliest possible time. Then JPRS will support resolution of domain names with Punycode only in its JP DNS configuration.
* Netscape and the Netscape N and Ship's Wheel logos are registered trademarks of Netscape Communications Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- JPRS Will Start RFC-Based Japanese JP Domain Name Registration and Management Services from March 20
- Internationalized Domain Name(IDN) Standard Published as RFCs -
- Service Migration Schedule of Japanese JP Domain Name
- Japanese Domain Names Association(JDNA)