JPRS Held 6th ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony"
On Tuesday, October 6th 2015, JPRS held the ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
In public-key cryptography, a key ceremony is a procedure that a unique pair of private and public keys is generated. In JPRS, a key ceremony, or .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, is a procedure creating key- and zone-signing keys and signing the .jp zone.
It is vital to ensure the reliability and stability of DNSSEC that the procedure for generating and managing the key pairs is properly and securely executed. For this reason, JPRS invites the External Witnesses, who are not affiliated with JPRS, to the .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony.
In this .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony, the External Witnesses observed the key ceremony and attest that it has been executed as described in the key ceremony procedures. After the ceremony, the witnesses signed the "Check Sheet for .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony."
- External Witness: Dr. Yuji Sekiya (WIDE Project)
- External Witness: Mr. Yusuke Kato (NTT PC Communications Incorporated)
The key created in the key ceremony will be published in accordance with the following schedule.
* Publish the new DNSKEY resource record in the .jp zone
* Publish the new DS resource record in the root zone
* Remove the obsolete DS resource record from the root zone
November 3rd 2015
* Remove the obsolete DNSKEY resource record from the .jp zone
Mr. Hayashi (JPRS), Mr. Saito (JPRS), Mr. Hori (JPRS),
Dr. Sekiya (WIDE Project),
Mr. Kato (NTT PC Communications Incorporated),
Ms. Machida (JPRS), Mr. Noguchi (JPRS)
- JPRS Deploys DNSSEC in the JP Domain Name Service
- JPRS Held 5th ".jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony" (in Japanese)
- Information on DNSSEC (in Japanese)
- 2015/10/13 Add "Check Sheet for .jp DNSSEC Key Ceremony"