This page provides information about IDN research and development activities in JPRS.
Internationalized Domain Name toolkit 2 (idnkit-2) provides useful APIs (libraries) for application developers to make softwares IDNA2008-compliant, and also provides tools for system administrators to process IDNs appropriately according to IDNA2008 specification. The idnkit-2 is a toolkit revised by JPRS from the idnkit-1.0 developed by JPNIC, and it is released as an open source free software modified to comply with IDNA2008.
idnkit-2 consists from its main part written in C and additional API packages for other languages (Java, Python, and Perl). A figure idnkit components shows positioning of idnkit-2 main part and additional API packages.
- idnkit-2 License
- idnkit2-OSCL.txt (10KB)
- An Open Source Code License applied to idnkit-2 main part and its derivatives.
- idnkit-2 main part
- idnkit-2.3.tar.bz2 (1439KB)
- Source code of C/C++ libraries and command line tools.
- idnkit-doc-2.3.tar.bz2 (80KB)
- idnkit-2 C/C++ API explanation document (Japanese).
- idnkit-2 Windows Package
- idnkitlite-windows-2.3.zip (21KB)
- Additional source code to compile idnkit-2.3 C/C++ library on Windows (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010).
- idnkitlite-2.3.msi (384KB)
- idnkitlite library installer for Windows (32bit OS) (Note that command line tools are not included).
- idnkitlite-x64-2.3.msi (396KB)
- idnkitlite library installer for Windows (64bit OS) (Note that command line tools are not included).
- idnkit-2 Java API Package
- idnkit-java-2.3.zip (60KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Java API and sample code.
- idnkit-java-doc-2.3.zip (63KB)
- idnkit-2 Java API explanation document.
- idnkit-2.3.jar (7KB)
- idnkit-2 Java API runtime binary (Note that sample code is not included).
Please rename the binary to idnkit.jar before you use.
Additionally JNA (Java Native Access) binary (jna.jar and jna-platform.jar) is required to use idnkit.jar. Please read README in idnkit-java-2.3.zip for more detail
- idnkit-2 Python API Package
- idnkit-python-2.3.tar.bz2 (31KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Python API and sample code.
- idnkit-python-doc-2.3.tar.bz2 (62KB)
- idnkit-2 Python API explanation document.
- idnkit-2 Perl API Package
- idnkit-perl-2.3.tar.bz2 (48KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Perl API and sample code (includes idnkit-2 Perl API explanation document).
Changes from idnkit-2.2 to idnkit-2.3 are follows:
- Correspond to Unicode 6.3.0
- IDNA Table version was updated according to IANA's idna-tables-6.3.0
- Reference revision of UTS#46 was updated (5->11) according to Unicode 6.3.0 correspondence
Changes from idnkit-2.1 to idnkit-2.2 are follows:
- Licence update
- Added license version (version 1.1)
- Modified article 6 and article 7 of the license to be more advantageous to the end users
- Updated year of the copyright notice
- Correspond to RFC publication
- IDNA Table version was updated according to RFC 6452 publication
- Reference revision of UTS#46 was updated (3->5) according to Unicode 6.0.0 correspondence
Changes from idnkit-2.0 to idnkit-2.1 are follows:
- Bug fix
- Quotation marks in configuration file was not processed properly
- Logic of ACE prefix check was inappropriate
- Correspond to RFC publication
- IDNA Table version was updated according to RFC 5892 publication
- "map" entry directive name of configuration file was changed according to RFC 5895 publication (resman-idna2008-mappings-01 -> rfc5895)
- Addition of packages
- Windows Package, Java API Package, Python API Package and Perl API Package were added
Internationalized Domain Name toolkit (idnkit-1.0) compatible with IDNA2003 is developed and released by Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC).
For inquiries on idnkit-2, please send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries on this page, please send e-mails to email@example.com.