This page provides information about IDN research and development activities in JPRS.
Internationalized Domain Name toolkit 2 (idnkit-2)
Internationalized Domain Name toolkit 2 (idnkit-2) provides useful APIs (libraries) for application developers to make softwares IDNA2008-compliant, and also provides tools for system administrators to process IDNs appropriately according to IDNA2008 specification. The idnkit-2 is a toolkit revised by JPRS from the idnkit-1.0 developed by JPNIC, and it is released as an open source free software modified to comply with IDNA2008.
idnkit-2 consists from its main part written in C and additional API packages for other languages (Java, Python, and Perl). A figure idnkit components shows positioning of idnkit-2 main part and additional API packages.
- idnkit-2 License
- idnkit2-OSCL.txt (10KB)
- An Open Source Code License applied to idnkit-2 main part and its derivatives.
- idnkit-2 main part
- idnkit-2.2.tar.bz2 (1443KB)
- Source code of C/C++ libraries and command line tools.
- idnkit-doc-2.2.tar.bz2 (80KB)
- idnkit-2 C/C++ API explanation document (Japanese).
- idnkit-2 Windows Package
- idnkitlite-windows-2.2.zip (21KB)
- Additional source code to compile idnkit-2.2 C/C++ library on Windows (with Microsoft Visual C++ 2010).
- idnkitlite-2.2.msi (342KB)
- idnkitlite library installer for Windows (32bit OS) (Note that command line tools are not included).
- idnkitlite-x64-2.2.msi (356KB)
- idnkitlite library installer for Windows (64bit OS) (Note that command line tools are not included).
- idnkit-2 Java API Package
- idnkit-java-2.2.zip (59KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Java API and sample code.
- idnkit-java-doc-2.2.zip (48KB)
- idnkit-2 Java API explanation document.
- idnkit-2.2.jar (7KB)
- idnkit-2 Java API runtime binary (Note that sample code is not included).
Please rename the binary to idnkit.jar before you use.
Additionally JNA (Java Native Access) binary (jna.jar and platform.jar) is required to use idnkit.jar. Please read README in idnkit-java-2.2.zip for more detail
- idnkit-2 Python API Package
- idnkit-python-2.2.tar.bz2 (31KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Python API and sample code.
- idnkit-python-doc-2.2.tar.bz2 (21KB)
- idnkit-2 Python API explanation document.
- idnkit-2 Perl API Package
- idnkit-perl-2.2.tar.bz2 (48KB)
- Source code of idnkit-2 Perl API and sample code (includes idnkit-2 Perl API explanation document).
Changes from idnkit-2.1 to idnkit-2.2 are follows:
- Licence update
- Added license version (version 1.1)
- Modified article 6 and article 7 of the license to be more advantageous to the end users
- Updated year of the copyright notice
- Correspond to RFC publication
- IDNA Table version was updated according to RFC 6452 publication
- Reference revision of UTS#46 was updated (3->5) according to Unicode 6.0.0 correspondence
Changes from idnkit-2.0 to idnkit-2.1 are follows:
- Bug fix
- Quotation marks in configuration file was not processed properly
- Logic of ACE prefix check was inappropriate
- Correspond to RFC publication
- IDNA Table version was updated according to RFC 5892 publication
- "map" entry directive name of configuration file was changed according to RFC 5895 publication (resman-idna2008-mappings-01 -> rfc5895)
- Addition of packages
- Windows Package, Java API Package, Python API Package and Perl API Package were added
Internationalized Domain Name toolkit (idnkit-1.0) compatible with IDNA2003 is developed and released by Japan Network Information Center (JPNIC).
For inquiries on idnkit-2, please send e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries on this page, please send e-mails to email@example.com.